Can you use the Jdate app for free? Well, yes…and no.
Let us explain what we mean with this cryptic answer on our Jdate free trial page. We’ll go through all the ins and outs of the free membership plan the famous Jewish dating app offers its newest members. Spoiler alert: you can’t use every Jdate feature for free!
Jdate offers its non-paying members a small selection of free features but omits some better, more valuable perks. But it’s nothing that an upgrade to premium can’t fix! We’ll give you a rundown of what the Jdate free trial offers (and leaves out) and some sign-up instructions to become a free or paying member of the app.
Our team has independently researched all products and services that we have listed on this page. If you sign up or purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. See how it works.
Overview of the Jdate Free Trial Offer
We don’t want you to be confused about what the term free trial means here. It’s not a traditional free trial where you can use all the features and aspects of the app without paying. No, the Jdate free trial runs on a freemium model where new members can sign up for free but only experience a few complementary features and are barred from using others.
The free membership features at Jdate include the following:
- Create a free profile
- Upload up to 6 photos
- Search the member database
- View daily matches
- Read full profiles
- Only see members’ first picture
- Read and reply to messages sent by paid subscribers
- Send a Smile
- Like LookBook matches
- View your Activity lists (I Viewed, My Likes, Mutual Likes)
The prominent features not included in the free trial membership are unlimited messaging with your matches, getting read notification receipts, access to privacy controls, and the ability to browse profiles anonymously. These all require an upgrade from the free plan to a premium membership.
However, the free trial is an excellent place to begin if you’re new to Jdate and are simply interested in testing the app and seeing if it fits your needs well.
Compared to other dating apps, Jdate gives its free members a lot of freedom to test the platform and enjoy many of its unique features. You cannot send messages to your matches, so an upgrade to premium is needed to communicate meaningfully with the people you meet on the app. But there are enough free features offered here for non-paying members to give them a decent sense of the kind of dating app they’re using.
Let’s go into more detail on these free features and how they can help you decide if Jdate is a dating app worth joining:
Create a Free Profile
Free members can build and develop a solid Jdate profile without paying any membership fees. It’s like free advertising. Think about it: you can upload profile photos and include your bio information, which will be seen by other singles on the platform. Your face is out there for others to see, and you don’t have to pay a dime.
Upload Up to 6 Photos
You can include as many as six photos to your free Jdate profile. Premium members can view each one, while other free members can only see the main photo. Like getting your information out there for free with the complimentary Jdate profile and free photo uploads to let other members know what you look like.
Search the Member Database
Like its sister site, Christian Mingle, Jdate has the LookBook section of its app, where members can find potential partners, check out their profiles to learn more about who they are, and view any posted photos. Free Jdate members can plug in search terms based on their preferences and criteria to find matches in the LookBook with true potential.
View Daily Matches
Jdate will send its free members daily matches based on their profile information. They’re compatible suggestions on several levels, so free members can enjoy viewing these and any profiles they discover in the LookBook.
Read Full Profiles
Free members can read all bio information available on their matches’ profiles.
Only See Members’ First Picture
Jdate’s free members can read entire profiles but can only view the primary profile photo. An upgrade to premium unlocks the rest of the available pictures posted.
Read and Reply to Messages Sent by Paid Subscribers
Free members cannot send messages, but they can receive, read, and reply to messages sent by paying members of the Jdate app. But unless someone reaches out to you, you cannot message anyone on the app unless you’re a premium member.
Send a Smile
This is like sending a “like” or a “flirt” to one of your matches on another dating app. Send your favorite profiles a “smile” to show interest in getting to know them.
Like LookBook Matches
In addition to sending “smiles,” free Jdate members can send traditional “likes” in the hopes of having their matches send a “like” back to establish a mutual match. Once free members become paid subscribers of Jdate, they can message anyone who’s a mutual match.
View Your Activity Lists
Keep track of everything you’ve done at Jdate, including seeing which profiles you viewed (I Viewed), which profiles you liked (My Likes), and which profiles liked you back (Mutual Likes).
Though several useful free features are at your disposal here, we ultimately recommend taking things to the next level and becoming a premium Jdate member, as long as you’re sure it is the right dating app for you. Becoming a paid member ensures you can view your matches’ entire profile and proactively message them to forge a solid connection.
How to Create a Jdate Free Trial Account
If you want to give the free Jdate membership plan a shot, follow the step-by-step instructions below to start your free profile and account. You can even upgrade to a premium membership plan by completing the last registration step if you’re interested.
Average Sign-Up Time: 5 minutes
- Step #1: Visit the Website or Download the App – Visit www.Jdate.com to begin or download the mobile app at Google Play or the App Store. Click “Register Today” to get the process started.
It doesn’t matter if you register through the website or the mobile app; you’ll follow the same steps toward becoming a new, free member.
- Step #2: Include an Email and Password – Create a unique password for logging in and out of your new Jdate account. Include your email address as well. There are also options to access Jdate using your Apple or Facebook account too.
Choose the best option for you and click “Next” to continue.
- Step #3: Include Your Personal Info – For new members signing in using their email address, you must also fill out some additional information for Jdate. Include your full name, gender, address, and date of birth.
To complete this step, agree to Jdate’s terms and conditions. Read and agree to the privacy statement. And reverify that you’re not a robot.
- Step #4: Upload as Many as Six Photos – Upload at least one profile photo to your new Jdate profile. You can add as many as six, but you don’t have to do it immediately. You can add them later if needed.
- Step #5: Complete Your Profile – Tell Jdate more about who you are; complete questions about your appearance, job, values/beliefs, schooling, and more. Click “Next” when you’re finished.
- Step #6: Complete the Self-Authored Section – Jdate allows its members to describe themselves beyond their profile information bullet points via the self-written bio section. Write a summary about yourself and click “Next.”
- Step #7: Include Interests – You don’t have to complete this step, but it allows you to develop your Jdate profile further. You can generate some additional interest with other singles on the app.
Include any interests, hobbies, or passions listed in the menu on the next step to your Jdate profile to give it more depth and detail.
- Step #8: Set Up Your Search Parameters – Another step you don’t have to complete during the sign-up process, this one has you describing your ideal match.
Describe what kind of person you’re interested in meeting on the Jdate app. No worries: you can change these preferences later if you choose, but you enter them now so Jdate knows right from the get-go what kind of partner you seek.
- Step #9: Upgrade to a Paid Plan – Before beginning your free membership plan with Jdate, you can upgrade to a paid membership. If you choose, you can decline and upgrade your free plan when you’re ready.
If you turn down the chance of being a premium member, you can begin using your free Jdate membership, enjoying a portion of the app’s features free of charge!
Though the Jdate free trial doesn’t let you enjoy all the features you could as a paying member, we feel it’s still worth the time and effort. The free trial allows you to test the app, learn how it works, and find out what kind of people use it to find love, marriage, or long-term relationships.
It’s completely risk-free and lets you get your face and information into Jdate’s dating pool free of charge. Use the link below to begin your free trial with Jdate today!
If you want to learn more about the Jdate app, check out these additional resources where we give our honest, unbiased review of the platform and outline all premium membership plans: